Okay, so doesn’t that photo make you wanna get married just so you can honeymoon at the St. Regis hotel in Bora Bora? I first saw the hotel in that awful Vince Vaughn film “Couples Retreat” and have been obsessed with going there ever since.
* Ryan air is going to offer child-free flights! What do you think? My thoughts on the subject can be summed up in the quote below.
From the article: “When it comes to children we all love our own but would clearly prefer to avoid other people’s little monsters when travelling,” Ryanair spokesman Stephen McNamara said.
* Travel to Create Your Self – This article in Psychology Today answers the question: Why do we travel? Here’s an excerpt:
“Fear is part of what makes travel so enlivening and revelatory. You’re perpetually off-balance and on guard. After a while one yearns for the mindlessness of familiar routines. And when you do return home, old pleasures are much the sweeter for having been suspended.”
* I’ve always wanted to stay in an airplane hostel. Check out this HuffPo article about upcycled airplanes.
* How to Tap into the Right Side of Your Brain – A good read for anyone suffering from writers’ block or for anyone in need of a creativity boost. On a related note, this poster about the 12 1/2 writing rules is cute and would look awesome in my office. Anyone wanna buy it for me?
* Which way is the ballerina turning for you? I only see it turning clockwise, which means I’m more right-brained then left (no surprise there!).
* Some dude has been collecting airplane barf bags since 1988 and now they’re on display in a museum. Interesting! I could totally see framing some of the more colorful ones.
* Tourist Stereotypes (according to the British). Huh. Canadians are boring? Really!? All the Canadians I know seem to be quite the opposite, actually. Are they confusing ‘boring’ with ‘nice’?